Monday, February 21, 2011

02/21/11 Transfers

Hello Everyone,

I feel that this week was a rather eventful one. We've been working really hard to find new people to work with and especially people to be baptized. This week we found a very solid man who the Lord directed us to. His name is Tyler, he's about 25. Elder Durnall and I found him by a referral from the Spanish Elders. We went to our first appointment Friday surprised to what happened. We started with "How to begin Teaching" from Preach my Gospel chapter 10 which led us to him asking questions about the plan of salvation (he had questions because we left him with a pamphlet when we set up the appointment). As we talked about the pre-earth life he kept saying "that makes sense" or "that feels right". We moved right along to our life on earth and what our purpose is. Tyler's questions about our life on earth led us to teach a quick Restoration of the Gospel and focused on the Book of Mormon after he made the comment, "the Bible can't be everything, if it is then why do we have all of these religions?". As we explained the Book of Mormon and what its purpose is he said, "that makes complete sense". We couldn't teach fast enough to what he was soaking in. The wheels in his head were turning and we could see the Spirit working on him. He accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and said, "well I guess I need to pray about all of this so I can know for myself too" to which we said, "YES!!!!" That was the next principle that we were going to talk about but he jumped to it. Elder Durnall and I were smiling the whole time! We then invited him to be baptized on the 19th of March and he gladly accepted.

The other sweet experience we had was with and investigator we had recently dropped. It was Saturday and he called us to tell us that he had done a lot of thinking and he wanted us to come back and teach him more, he also said that he had been thinking about baptism and he wanted to set a date to be baptized within the month. Hubada hubada, okay! We're meeting with him on Wednesday to set a baptism date and make goals to accomplish it.

I bet you are curious about transfers... Well, Elder Durnall is getting transferred to Ashton in the Yellowstone Zone and I'm staying here in Idaho Falls. My new companion's name is Elder Owens from Arizona. I don't know too much about him other than he is one transfer younger than me and he's been a zone leader for 3 transfers. From what I've heard about him he sounds pretty sweet. I sure am going to miss Elder Durnall but I know there is going to be great adventures ahead. The other great news is that Elder Rudd is going to be released as a zone leader and he is coming to my zone to train!!! I'm so excited for that to happen! I love Elder Rudd and it'll be exciting to spend his last transfer together again.

Well that's pretty much all the exciting things that have happened. The work is picking up and great things are happening. I hope you all have a great week!

--
Peace and Love,
Elder Tyson Rigby Walker



Elder Walker hanging out in the UPS truck...

1 comment:

  1. love the pictures and love the new look to the blog. Awesome. Go Elder Walker!

    ReplyDelete