Saturday, February 19, 2011

Merry Christmas 12/20/2010

Another "payday", as I like to call it, has happened again. Sister Tiffany Rigby was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What a wonderful opportunity I had to be apart of such a wonderful event in her life. She was way prepared for this milestone in her life. Now her baptism isn't even the best part of her conversion story because the best part is what will happen in a year from now when her and brother Jason Rigby are sealed for time and eternity in the house of the Lord. I love when my brothers and sisters that are not a part of the Lord's Kingdom understand that we aren't about baptism or that their goal isn't just baptism but that baptism is an essential step that leads on a path to the mountain of the Lord. As a missionary I love to be a guide to those searching for that missing link in their life and now Sister Rigby has that link that binds her to eternity if she stays faithful to her covenants.

Sister Rigby has a daughter who is an "un-baptized member" (I have no idea why the church calls them that because to me that statement is an oxymoron). Lizzy is 9 years old and wants to be baptized like her mom so bad! At the baptism on Saturday she kept saying, "my baptism is going to be in 2 days." I love how thin the veil is to children and their spiritual sensitivity. We explained to her that her baptism will probably be in 3 weeks so she can learn more about the church but she was insisting that her baptism is going to be in 2 days. We have an appointment tonight with them and we'll set a date for her to be baptized on the 15th of January.

We moved apartments on Saturday. This is the second time that I've opened a new apartment and I didn't like it even the second time. This new place is way sketchy! Saturday night we killed 37 cockroaches! I sent a text to a less active we're working with telling him about it and he showed up 15 mins later with wal mart bags full of repellent. Yesterday we only killed 3 so we're in business. We're calling the landlord today to get an exterminator out here.

Way cool thing that happened this week. We held a zone council on Tuesday which we like to do once a transfer to train the missionaries in our zone. This council we trained on teaching people, not lessons with an emphasis on revelation through church attendance. For this council we asked the assistants to help us with the training. This council was one of the most spiritual meetings I've had as a missionary; the Elders and Sisters just seemed to understand and feel what we were trying to train on. The best part of the whole thing is when we collected key indicator numbers last night we saw that we had 27 investigators attend church yesterday! That is remarkable! I've never seen a zone reach above 20 since I've been a zone leader and now our zone, with the help of the Spirit shot that out of the water. The zone has also increased baptismal dates to 28. Great things are happening here in Idaho Falls I'm so blessed to be apart of this great cause. The best feeling as a zone leader is when I see application and success on what I've trained on, especially in my own area.

Great things are happening. The restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true.
Remember the Christ Child and have a very Merry Christmas.

--
Peace and Love,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment