Saturday, February 19, 2011

2/14/2011 Valentines Day

Lunch last week with the Terrils. What a great experience! Elder Call is going home next Thursday! I can't believe it! When we served together he was only out 9 months. That was a great experience to spend time with him before he leaves. The Terrils are doing great!
___________

Hello Everyone,

We are in a slump right now with finding investigators. It's interesting because it seems like we've just done a whole renovation of our area with individuals either getting baptized or getting dropped due to no commitment. Recently we've temporarily dropped 4 investigators and baptized 3 so now our teaching pool is to a total of 3. I keep thinking, "oh it's fun to find all the time". I wish we all lived in a perfect world where we get called all the time to teach and teach and teach until we pass out from teaching so much but as Elder Bednar said, "nothing happens in missionary work until you find someone to teach." We're slowly seeing progression happen with some potentials and hopefully this week we'll be teaching them. We've set a goal to talk to 10 new people everyday, 70 new every week and this seems to be working as people see the missionaries out working and not just hear about it.

This is the last full week of the transfer. Can you believe it? I feel as though transfers come and go faster now than ever before. Next week I'll have been a zone leader for 9 months. Where does time go???? I'm about to start transfer #12! I wish time would slow down. I think that Elder Durnall is going to get transferred because he's been here now for 7 1/2 months but who knows, President Colton is extremely unpredictable. It'll be interesting to see what happens when we get the transfer call on Saturday.

Saturday night at around 10:15 a Bishop in our area called us and told us that he had a last minute cancellation for his speakers the next day and asked if we would fill in to be the speakers the next day; of course we gladly accepted. I had prayed that night to know what to speak on and then went to bed, the following morning we wake up and pretty much run and run all day and before I knew it we were sitting on the stand and sacrament meeting started and I still didn't know what I was going to speak on. I was reminded of something President Colton said once, he had told us in a council meeting that he never prepares a written talk but what he does is studies on the topic and makes notes and then he allows the Spirit gather from his "storage" and speak what is directed. I figured I had a knowledge of the missionary lessons so I would allow the Spirit to direct what was needed. The Bishop asked me to speak first and to take 20 mins, when I got to the stand I was directed to share the message of the Restoration of the Gospel. As I started into the talk one of our investigators walked in who we were not expecting to attend church that day and I felt as though the message was intended for her. When Elder Durnall got up he spoke on the Doctrine of Christ. I thought that was cool because I spoke on how the Restoration happened and he spoke on what was Restored. We didn't even plan that! Comp unity? I think so.

Well all is well. Every week is a great week. I wish I could carry a camera around to show you all what we do. Missionary work is the best work. Remember your calling and strive to fulfill the Lord's purpose of inviting others to come unto Christ.
--
Peace and Love,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment