Saturday, February 19, 2011

2/7/11 Zone Conference

Sheldon at the Idaho Falls Temple Visitor's Center

Baptism of Tiffny Zitterkopf


Hello Everyone,
One word for this past week... crazy!

Tuesday was zone conference and now that we only get them quarterly that was my favorite part of the week. This zone conference was great! The topic was on Revelation through the Book of Mormon and how any concern our investigators have can and will be resolved through the Book of Mormon. I recently shared with you all my testimony of this sacred book but even though my testimony was strong then it is even stronger after this conference.

I want to share with you something that Sister Colton said at the conference. Now I don't quote this to boast of myself but I include this for Mom and Ginger Blake. When we have a break at any meeting President Colton asks me to play "called to serve" which invites everyone back to the chapel and invites the Spirit back to our meeting. Just a side note, when 70+ missionaries are singing called to serve there is no greater time to feel the power of missionary work. Anyway, Sister Colton said, "the day we can all sing 'called to serve' as well as Elder Walker plays it, Angels will attend." That to me is the best compliment I have ever received for playing the piano my whole life. All the hard work and practicing was finally worth it to me when that comment was made.

President Colton taught me a very powerful lesson at this conference just by one simple statement he made; he said, "remember your calling if you want the power of it." The reason I really like this statement is because this applies to all of us, we all have callings in the Lord's kingdom and no matter that calling. we all have the same purpose of inviting others to come unto Christ. If we become what we think about the most then we better be thinking about our callings because that is where our greatest lessons from God come and then we will become who our Father in Heaven wants us to become. I don't know if that made any sense to you but that is what is in my mind and it makes sense to me. :)

Saturday I had the great opportunity to travel to Poky to attend a baptism of a Sister I taught with Elder Rudd. I was so excited to see people from my last area and especially to see Sister Zitterkopf baptized.

Today the Terrill family from St. Anthony who Elder Call and I baptized is taking us out to lunch! Of all places to take us they are taking us to Chuck-a-rama; this will be a great day.

Well that's all the updates from Idaho. We just had an ice storm last night so everything is super slick. The temperature seems to be getting slightly warmer but still Idaho cold. I'm going to need 2 years in Aruba to warm up from this place.

The church is true. God loves us. President Monson is our prophet today.

--
Peace and Love,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment