Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Which Way Do We Face - 05/09/2011

Hello Everyone,

The e-mail following Mother's day is the most difficult because you pretty much talk about everything and don't know what to report on this day. I did promise that I would send an e-mail today and I hope we can both learn something together.

If you recall Elder Kevin R. Duncan of the first quorum of seventy came to our mission on the 28th of April. This man is truly a disciple of the Lord and a witness to the world of Him. I wish to share everything I learned from this conference but most of it is about missionary work and things that I can change which would be boring for you to read, however I do wish to share with you two things I learned from him.

Elder Duncan told us that he was in a meeting with President Packer when President Packer asked him this question, "which way do you face?" This question was asked without much explanation at the start because Elder Duncan wanted us to ponder this question for ourselves. I wish to do the same with you; ponder what this question means to you. These are my thoughts on the question: do we represent the world to the Lord, or do we represent the Lord to the world? I believe this is what President Packer was referring to when he asked this question because Elder Duncan explained to us, "do we represent our area to the Lord or do we represent the Lord to our area?" This has really helped me put my baptismal covenants in perspective and I hope will do the same for you. We represent the Lord Jesus Christ at all times and in all places and people notice; we are always on stage. I believe we should constantly ask ourselves "which way do I face?"

At the conference I met Elder Bishop from England. The conversation was hilarious because I said to him, "Elder Bishop! You don't know me but I sure have heard a lot about you." He replied, "what do you mean?" I then said, "well let me just say that Bishop Ball is one of the greatest men I know." Haha! He was so confused! He did remember that he was supposed to look for an Elder Walker after we talked a while. He is a great missionary! I'm sure he'll be in leadership before we know it.

Preach my Gospel says, "Charity, like faith, leads to action."

I hope you all have a great week! I'll have much more to say next week.

--
Peace and Love,
Elder Tyson Rigby Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment