Wednesday, November 2, 2011

04/04/2011 The Book of Mormon is True

Hello Everyone!

This week truly was a fantastic week!

Exchanges are a wonderful experience and my favorite thing to do as a leader. Miracles happen when you bring other missionaries in your area to work. The miracle that happened is as follows: I brought Elder Mecham (from Monument, Colorado) to my area and we had scheduled to take an investigator to the visitors' center to show him our new exhibit called "reflections of Christ" a photography exhibit and the Joseph Smith film. Mike, our investigator, has attended church several times, reads the Book of Mormon daily, and prays, so our question was the same as I'm sure yours is; "why does he not have a date to be baptized?" Trust me, we invited him about 5 times before but to no success, in fact the last time he almost dropped us because he said we were being too pushy for asking him so many times. This time, however, was different because we knew the missing ingredient, Mike didn't know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. After we showed him the film we all sat there for what seemed like a couple of minutes in silence as the Spirit did His job. We then asked him the inspired question, "do you believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet?" His response was simple yet very profound when he said, "after that movie, I do." We then immediately asked him to be baptized to which he accepted and said he was wanting to be baptized on his birthday, May 18th. How great is the power of the Holy Ghost in conversion! This is yet another testimony to me that this is His work perfectly united with our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ.

We do have transfers this week and it looks like there is more work for me to do here in Taylor Mountain. Elder Owens and I will be together for another 6 weeks which I am totally okay with; Elder Owens and I get along great. Next transfers will be on the 18th of May.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week again. I love each time I finish the Book of Mormon because the power of the Spirit teaching me that it is true is remarkable. There is a power to this sacred book. I'm still on track to completing it 7 times on my mission. I feel old in the mission when I think that I've already completed it 5 of those 7 times already! Time is going far too quickly.

I add my witness to that of our General Authorities from conference that the Book of Mormon is true. I know it is the word of God and contains the fullness of the everlasting Gospel. I have found in my life that I have come to know my Father in Heaven more by reading this sacred text than any other book. I know the Book of Mormon is the way we are intended to truly know Him and His plan for our happiness.

Pretty much what I am saying is the Book of Mormon is great! Read it.

Well that's it for here in Idaho Falls. I'm doing great and I'm excited for my 13th transfer in the Idaho Pocatello Mission!!

--
Peace and Love,
Elder Tyson Rigby Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment