Wednesday, November 2, 2011

04/11/2011 The Power of the Holy Ghost

Hello Everyone,

Monday again? I feel as though I was just at this computer... Time flies.

Yesterday I had a great experience to play the piano for a Spanish investigator fireside at the temple visitors' center. This was the first time I listened to the hymns of Zion sung in Spanish. The best part of it all was the Spirit is just as strong.

I was surprised when I got there last night to have a huge bag of goodies for me from the Hahn family. Thank you so much!!! It was interesting trying to carry that bag out to the car when there are at least 20 missionaries to pass through that see candy and food! Luckily I made it through safely :)

Good week this week. I wish I had this epic story to tell this week but it looks like the most memorable stories to tell are the lessons I learn. I've started a part of my journal entitled: lessons I've learned from my mission.

This weeks lesson is as follows: To be honest I've had a really difficult time accepting Chelsee's new adventures in fact I think I was in denial. I felt like I wanted to be supportive but how could I when I felt so helpless. I knew I didn't want to make any of this about me or draw any attention so I didn't really mention anything except to Dad in e-mail. Yesterday I fasted to understand our Father in Heaven's plan and be accepting of it. When our Savior explains to His Apostles, "peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth give I unto you", I understood the comforting power that the Messiah was explaining that would comfort his friends after his departure and through their trails. I learned that only through the Holy Ghost can we understand and be content with the plan of our Heavenly Father.

The Holy Ghost taught me a very valuable lesson yesterday that although I won't be apart of this milestone in my sister's life I will still be around for eternity to rejoice in the goodness of the Gospel with my family. I can say that I understand more fully the Plan of Happiness especially now I can understand who the creator is of this plan. "And by the Power of the Holy Ghost we may know the truth of all things."

Our Heavenly Father cares about us. Even though my problem was minor, and probably insignificant it was not insignificant to Him. He cared about me enough to not only comfort me but help me understand His purposes.

When 6 months comes and I'm preparing to enter back into the world I think I can say the biggest trait that I have developed is trust in the Lord for He truly is concerned for each one of us.

I love you all. Hope you have a great week! "Let us all press on in the work of the Lord."

--
Peace and Love,
Elder Tyson Rigby Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment