Tuesday, October 5, 2010

September 13, 2010 - Twenty Years Old

HELLO everyone!
Well it is officially official. I'm old. Twenty! Holy smokes.

My birthday was a really great day! Nothing too exciting happened. We weekly planned and then taught people the gospel... pretty much the best thing to do on a birthday. The great highlights are the three meals I had. For breakfast the Spanish Elders came over and we made omelets, and for lunch Elder Rudd and I went to the Sizzler for steaks. The best part of the whole day was when we ate dinner with the Robinson family. They called a week ago and asked me what I wanted for my birthday dinner and I told them they can make what ever they want. They asked what my favorite food is so I told them Crab legs. The best part is Sister Robinson is from Maine and loves to cook sea food so she flew in several pounds of crab legs from Maine for my birthday dinner. How great is that?!?! I loved it so much! Tasty for sure.

I received the birthday package from home. Thanks for the things you sent. I love the ties and pants and the box of random birthday things. My favorite part of the package is the Spider-man night light! We use it every night and it goes great with my other Spider-man things all over the apartment.

When we got in from the day there was the coolest cake I have ever seen in our apartment. Benji Bosen brought a "missionary cake" for me. I can't even describe it so I'll attach a photo for you to see.

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday cards! I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Thanks especially to Grandma and Grandpa for the birthday money. I was just about to scrounge for some cash because I needed to go to the dry cleaners for my suits before winter comes again.

I forgot to mention this last week to give you a heads up but I have an idea... Today I finished the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time on my mission. I'm planning on starting again to read for the 4th time on Wednesday. I want to invite all of the family to join in with me on reading the Book of Mormon again. What happens is we read only 5 pages a day which means we'll complete the book in a little over 3 months. My ultimate goal is to read the book 7 times on my mission which I will do by reading just 5 pages a day each day. I invite everyone to read with me starting on Wednesday, 15 September. The first day you'll have to read 6 pages (the introduction first then 5 pgs in 1 Nephi) and also the last day you'll have to read 6 pages.

I know this sacred book is true. I have a testimony of this volume of Holy Scripture. It is another testiment of Jesus Christ. Please take this challenge for yourself and feel of the Saviors love for you by his Prophets of old.

We had a pretty average week this week this week but the coolest part was that Elder Rudd and I taught 24 lessons!!! That's the most I've ever taught on my mission.
I hope all is well back home and everyone is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment