Tuesday, October 5, 2010

9-6-10 Best Weekend Ever

Well hello there everyone!

Once again transfers have come again. The verdict... I'm staying with Elder Rudd in Pocatello! I'm so excited! I love this area so much! I was really worried because the Assistants told Elder Rudd and I that they were moving 50 missionaries! 50! That's over half the companionships in the mission! I'm way happy to be staying here. I would love to stay here the rest of my mission but that's probably not going to happen. We are getting an additional 2 companionships added to the zone which will be great. We're already leading the mission in baptisms so with 2 more additions we'll be leading every month, or so we hope.

Let me just say that this past weekend was by far the best weekend of the mission. I've seen several baptisms but there was nothing like Brandon Beer's baptism. What an amazing experience that was. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity I've had to know Brandon. He will be a close friend throughout the eternities.

There's nothing better than witnessing a baptism that an individual has had to work really hard be baptized. Don't get me wrong, all baptisms are great but there is just something a little more special about those that don't get everything so easy and have to entirely place their will in the hands of God; Brandon has had to do that for the past 7 years. I know the Lord answers prayers, He answers them on his own time but He does answer them. This ward has prayed and prayed and prayed for this day to finally happen but for some reason our Heavenly Father decided that September 4th 2010 was the day for his son to enter into the waters of baptism. How great and marvelous are the works of God.

Last night we received a message from a brother in the ward expressing to us how grateful he is that we prepared ourselves to be on a mission and to especially be here for Brandon. I don't know why the Lord chose Elder Rudd and myself to be the ones to baptize Brandon but he did. Those comments from Brother Porter was simply the icing on the cake. Right now is most definitely the highest of my mission.

This work is real. It IS the Lord's work and the greatest cause on this planet. There is no greater happiness than to be a servant of the Lord. I know that this is the Lord's kingdom and I wouldn't be anywhere else than working to build up this kingdom.

I love you all. Keep persevering. Align your will with the will of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment