Monday, May 3, 2010

Rock It Up 4/12/10

Hello everyone,

We officially have rocked up St. Anthony. Well maybe not us, but the Spirit has rocked up St. Anthony.

We were successful in setting 3 more baptism dates which will total 5 baptisms this transfer. And people think there isn't work to do in Idaho... Sheesh, apparently there is. Well there is in St. Anthony anyway.

We have had a great week. Missionary work has seemed to explode the last few weeks and I am very excited to be apart of it. St. Anthony is such a great area with such great people. It is going to be a very sad day when I have to leave here and leave these people. I have built such a bond with these people I'm sure it will last for eternity. Missionary work is great.

Last night we had the great opportunity to take Jace to the Idaho Falls Temple Visitors Center. We watched "Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration" with him and then stayed for a fireside. When the video was finished we sat there for a few moments just letting the Spirit work on him and then finally I spoke up and asked him what he is feeling inside. His response was, "it's amazing to see what people can do. On both spectrum great things were done." He has now officially accepted the gospel and knows that this is true! What a great time we had.
The brother who spoke at the fireside was just recently called to preside over a mission in Indonesia. His presentation was perfect. He has his PhD in science and talked about putting faith before science. We couldn't have asked for a better topic. That is exactly what Jace is struggling with is science and faith. Afterwards I talked with this man and before I could even tell him anything he said, "Elder, I know that what I said tonight was exactly what that man who was sitting by you needed to hear." The Spirit works in such great ways! One more or the many miracles I have been able to witness as a missionary.

Training is going pretty good. I feel that this assignment has helped me become a greater missionary. My companion is doing well. Although he and I are completely, completely, completely different we are trying to find common ground. He is super into Science Fiction and Pokemon. He talks about all of these characters that he makes up each day to go into a book he is writing, kinda like another star wars, harry potter type thing. Despite all of that he is my brother and I love him. We may not be similar in any ways but what he are similar in is the gospel of Jesus Christ and our testimonies of what is true. be are both missionaries and that is what makes us the same.

I hope all is well with everyone. I hope everybody is finding success. Above all I hope you are all happy.

peace and love,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment