Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Day After Easter 4/5/10

Hello everyone!

What a great week! Well every week is great but this one was great too.

Conference was great! I loved it. I have never experienced conference in the way I did the last 2 days. What a great time we have to listen to the prophet speak to us. Since Elder Scott came to the mission I have had a new view of the Apostles and a definite testimony of their divinity. I don't think I have ever wished for there to be more conference but after this weekend I really want more to be said.

I thought that for sure we would have some people to sit with in the stake center but with this being Idaho, us and the Spanish Elders were the only ones watching conference at the stake center. We tried to get our investigators to go with us but when they can get it on local television we had no success. We did get some to come to priesthood session but that's all.

I'm glad to hear that my great Sister is home safely. She is still the best missionary ever. I can't wait when I get to see her and hear her stories in a few weeks.

Yesterday was such a great day. As many of you know, I am training right now. I love to train because I don't do most of the training. All I have to do is be the best missionary I can be and use the Holy Ghost in all aspects of missionary work and then my companion will follow suit. This was witnessed to me last night when we were teaching Jace, our investigator who is going to be baptized on 1 May. We watched "Finding Faith in Christ" with him for Easter and then after the video bore witness of the reality of the Resurrection and that the Lord Jesus Christ lives. After the lesson my companion sat really quiet in the car and then started to cry and expressed that he felt the spirit so strong. I then helped him understand and recognize the authority he has to proclaim to the world that this is true and that Jesus Christ lives. He and I both had such a great lesson with Jace last night. He told us that he has no more reason to believe that this isn't true. Now mind you that when we started he didn't even believe in the Bible or comprehend faith. The Spirit works in such wonderful ways.

In my studies this morning I was reading in Alma and came upon some scriptures that have such a great meaning to me. In the 29th chapter of Alma, verses 9 and 13, "...I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. ... that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people, and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full.

My joy is full. I am so incredibly happy. I can't even express my joy and my pure spiritual happiness. No greater joy have I ever felt than being part of bringing a soul to God. I am eternally thankful to my God for giving me this chance in my life to serve him. At this Easter time I gladly give my whole self to this great cause. The Savior gave his all for me, I can do all I can for him. How great is my calling!

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

I love this work. The Lord is my savior and redeemer. I love him.

peace and love,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment