Monday, May 3, 2010

4/26/2010 Yesterday was a Bad Day!

Hello everyone!

For those of you who have sent me letters, and I haven't replied to them yet, I'm sorry. I think something is wrong at the mission office and them forwarding the letters to me. Usually the mail only takes three days to get here from Colorado but for some reason it's taking it a week and a half to get to me. I think the reason is because we just got new senior missionaries in the office and they probably don't know what they are doing. It's sad because I thought nobody was writing to me anymore until I got a letter from Hedy Lu that was stamped 13 Apr from Denver and I just got it a few days ago.

Transfers are next week and when I found out if I'm going or staying I'll give you my home address rather than the mission address so the letters get here on time. Thank you for your patience.

Last Monday was such a great day! We always go to Wal Mart in Rexburg (where BYU is) on Mondays but usually around noon. Last week my companion took a few hours to do e-mails which pushed our schedule back. We finally got to Wal Mart around 2:00 and when we walked through the doors I heard some girls calling out Tyson, Tyson. Now keep in mind I haven't heard my first name for about 6 months but I still had the reaction to turn around and look. When I turned around I saw a person who looked like Torie Lee but my mind couldn't register who she was. Although I know I'm only 10 miles away from the college I still feel like I'm completely isolated from the world. I just stood there for a few seconds and then light bulb! It was Torie! I was in complete shock! I went over to say hello but probably seemed like a complete weirdo because I had no idea what to say. Not that it was awkward, but definitely a shock. What a great experience though. I knew that would happen at one point I'm glad that it has. When we got done with our shopping all these things started to flow to my brain about what I wanted to tell her. Oh well, maybe it'll happen again.

Yesterday I had the worst day of the mission. My first official sick day. Being sick as a missionary is not fun especially on a Sunday when we have so many meetings and appts. I think what happened is that the dinner we ate on Saturday night wasn't cooked properly so all day Sunday my companion and I were throwing up everything. It was not pretty. I'm just fine now which makes me think that it had to be the dinner from Saturday night.

This Saturday is going to be a great day. We are going to have 4 convert baptisms! The most in one day I have ever had here. They are Jace Crain, Liem Dillmore, Jordan Badachi, and Johnny Badachi. I'm very excited for this weekend. Pretty much any weekend when I can go to the temple with my sister and then the next day have 4 baptisms is a great weekend in my book.

We had such a great experience with Jace last night. When we taught him last Wednesday he was having doubts about his baptism and if these things really are true or not. Last night when we taught him he was still having those same concerns and doubts. He said that when he prayed he felt like he needed to push his date back to June 1st. I told him that Heavenly Father told me and my companion through the Holy Ghost that May 1st was his day and that by pushing it back he would only be pushing back blessings. I told him that we wanted to ask right now. We all kneeled down and I said the prayer. When I said, "Heavenly Father is Jace supposed to be baptized this Saturday" I paused for what seemed to be a lifetime but was probably only 15 seconds. The Spirit filled the room. I thought I received a witness as to when he is supposed to be baptized but after that experience I know that this Saturday is when is to be baptized. He knows it too.

Well I know this e-mail is pretty scattered and extremely unorganized but that is how my brain is today. I hope you all are doing well. I love you all.

peace and love,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment